Wednesday, May 11, 2011

God is Faithful


I have been in a massive rut recently, over things that are well beyond my control. This situation is upsetting to me, and combined with my now empty and silent house with the passing of Mikey, and some other recent stressful events (also which are well beyond any remediation whatsoever) its difficult to handle. Sometimes I just shake my head and feel like crying- I feel at times that its all I can do just to hang on for another day.

I was running late for work this morning. Late that is, for my usual arrival time to get things set up, not actually late for work. So I clambered into the truck and started on my trip. As I drove, I did my usual thing of praying for those I know, asking for mercy. Usually I don't listen to the radio on the way to work as its sort of my quiet time, but today I turned the radio on. It happened to be tuned into 104.7 the fish and wouldn't you know....

At that time, that place, as I trundled along, God spoke to me through a song that was just what I needed. Not what I wanted (all my issues resolved!) but rather, just a reminder of His love, of His faithfulness towards us- towards me, even when I have screwed up.


I had heard this song before, but never in this particular context. For anyone who ever hurts, this post is for you.


G.Houtchens

armchair coach

amateur historian


No comments: