Saturday, May 5, 2007

Tunes

[Above- the trio from 2nd Chapter of Acts, siblings Nellie, Matt and Annie, a group that blessed me immeasurably in college- I cry whenever I hear them sing, and I cannot wait to sing with them in heaven]

I got iTunes last week and I have been impressed. I have added this music to my morning routine each day and it has been an incredible blessing. The iTunes program itself is free, and each song costs 99 cents- how can you beat that, instead of purchasing whole albums? 30 second clip previews are available for free. Of special note, I discovered that iTunes includes Christian bands from the early 80’s, such as Petra and 2nd Chapter of Acts, and that is nostalgia lane to me. To add to your enjoyment, the album covers of each song are displayed as they play, scrolling in a cool cinematic when the next song in the play list begins. Benny Goodman and Frank Sinatra are available for the blue hairs.

Below is a list of songs I have added to my lineup. After some work, I have discovered some links so you can click and listen! A few of these are windows media player files; most are quicktime. However, if you want to check out iTunes, you can download the program and then just type in the name of your favorite artist and it will display the many, many tracks available by each one, ranked by popularity.

Chris Rice Smellin’ Coffee
Audio Adrenaline Ocean Floor
Steven Curtis Chapman Live Out Loud
Casting Crowns Voice of Truth
Petra Lord, I Lift Your Name on High
2nd Chapter of Acts Which Way the Wind Blows
Jars of Clay Love Song for a Savior
Third Day God of Wonders
Building 429 Power of Your Name [click on preview button for LP]
Chris Tomlin All Bow Down
Chris Tomlin King of Glory
Building 429 No One Else
Michael W. Smith Prince of Peace
Michael W. Smith Place in This World
Jars of Clay Like a Child
Jars of Clay Flood
Jars of Clay Show Your Love

No comments: