Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fall Break 08

[Above- the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten]

Oh, wow. It has been a while and I am ready to write again. I believe in giving credit where credit is due, and had thought of writing an article in support of Bush on the single issue of our country remaining safe in the years since 9/11, but Ann Coulter beat me to the punch. It's fine; I usually don't read her stuff, but she was very eloquent and wrote a much better article on the topic than I ever could. (link)

Fall break is here and it could not come soon enough. I am enjoying working with the students and faculty this year at my new school. Here are some ideas that I have been planning for my blog, that have been simmering on the back burner in my shining, buffed head:

1. Semper Paratus- about my life and times in the US Coast Guard.
2. Factions- discussion of the apostles and the role of different Christian denominations and how they each individually fill a place in God's purpose for the church.
3. Danger, Will Robinson- a discussion of character analysis in writing fiction.
4. Update for the story, "Modern Slavery" (already done- corrected names and uploaded picture from 1988.)
5. Amy- a letter of appreciation for my sister, Amy.
6. Maddening- a rant about EA Sports.
7. Cantstandja- a comparison between George Kastanza, from Seinfeld, and myself.
8. Rockytop, Tennessee- a lighthearted practical joke I played on one of my colleages at work.
9. Graham Crackers- how the daily devotional by Billy Graham is food for the soul.
10. I Love the Barefoot Contessa- discussion of the cooking show, "The Barefoot Countessa."

That should keep me busy this week. In the meantime, my main computer is down and out for the count as the registry seems to have a glass jaw. It's at the repair shop again.

That's all for now. Let's see if I can get these articles done.

G.Houtchens
armchair coach
amateur historian

No comments: